Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I NEEDS DIRECTION

Dreams have a funny way of being completely irrelevant for a majority of the time, and then, once in a great while, perfectly reflecting your state of mind in a totally recognizable way.

For instance. I had a dream in which I was trapped in a parallel universe (because that's the only kind of universe there is these days). This universe greatly resembled EMU, but there was a way to escape: all I had to do was solve a four variable equation. One of the variables involved calculating the top running speed of a particularly fat cat. I remember walking up a hill and thinking, if only I had a year to sleep and figure this out. I seemed to know that I was in a dream, because I didn't want to wake up and waste an opportunity to be proactive in my dream life... for once.

Basically, this is how I feel in waking life: I'm trapped, and while I am enjoying myself, I'm terrified of perpetually spinning wheels and not getting to where I need to be. So good for you, subconscious, for creating something relevant and timely.

No comments:

Post a Comment