Monday, October 25, 2010

I should...

...start listing the things that I enjoy when I feel down.

I just read an AOL health article about ways to stay chipper at work. While AOL probably isn't the most authoritative voice of health issues, the suggestions were nonetheless pretty solid. For instance, instead of holing yourself away from everyone during crunch time, it's better to be social, and to reaffirm friendships. I think this is true; a lot of the times I feel like poo if I haven't seen or spoken to any of my friends. Also... listing shit you're grateful for. We used to do this in third grade in our journals at the end of everyday. Hey, it might help. Also, breaking down tasks into sprints instead of marathons.

It's all pretty intuitive, but sometimes intuitive things need to be reiterated.
So, I need to figure out what to do with my self portrait assignment. It's due Thursday and a major component of the assignment is to really focus on creating skin. I've done a lot of self portraits, and I don't want to start repeating myself. I also wanna rework another self portrait. Hur.

PORTFOLIO DAY'S THIS WEEK, and I haven't that much to show for it. I wonder if I should just start applying to schools now. If I keep waiting for me to make new things, it might not happen. Maybe this portfolio day will catalyze another big creative splurge like the one last year did. Wouldn't that be something?

'K, time to make hot water and ramen. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment