Friday, September 21, 2012

Animal walks

lol walk cycles

I love TA. At Ringling it feels like it's hard to do as well as you'd like in every class, but we try anyway.

Animal walk cycles from Adele Hawkins on Vimeo.


 My first four-legged walk was a horse, which was... very mechanical. I had been drawing horses all summer, so I wanted to try my hand at moving them. Turns out I don't know anything about horse dynamics, but it was still a good time.

For my second cycle, my professor insisted I do something a lot less rigid. I was at a complete loss, so when he suggested otters, I leaped on it. I mean, have you seen otters walk? The S-curves on them are RIDICULOUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF6ijhSrbBQ <- Too adorable.

The last one is a study for our upcoming character acting assignment. It's in pantomime, so no dialogue, no sound, no fancy camera work. I arbitrarily wanted to do a goat.

1 comment: