Monday, October 4, 2010

This needs to stop.

There are too many gosh-darned Reeces (reeses?) in this dorm. Or rather, there is reasonable amount, but I am simply eating too many of them.

On a more somber note, my roommate's grandmother died. Given the enormity of the situation I was still (and still am, a bit) overcome by my petty feelings of uncertainty on how best to 'be there.' After holing myself in my room for too long I finally went out and gave her a hug. It's not about me, or my uncertainty. It's helping a friend who's going through a rough time.

On less serious notes (look at me switch topics!) I'm re-reading the Cheese Monkeys. Again. As if I didn't already have enough distractions from studying and socializing. The first time I attempted to read it was in middle school. As the main character is a freshman in college, what better time is there for me to read it? It'll be the college equivalent of having read "Sleeping Freshman Never Lie" in the summer before freshman year. It's all the more fitting because he's majoring in art at a state university; while I don't intend to do that forever, for now we're in the same boat, so what better time to get reacquainted with each other?

I haven't quite met my Hilmillsy Dodd yet, though. Not entirely certain that I ever will.

My roommate told me she didn't think our other roommates could relate, to which I thought, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment